Re: [OM] OM-5D macro comparisons

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D macro comparisons
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 20:48:14 -0500
Yes, at a marked f/11 (and affectively well beyond that at close focus)
all of these lenses were way, way into diffraction territory on a 4/3
10MP sensor.  I would estimate theoretical maximum resolution is limited
by diffraction to about 2MP.  Not nearly that bad if he used the 5D
instead of the E-3(?).  But, in the end, the diffraction and sensor size
doesn't matter since he overrode all of it with the crop and drastic
downsizing.  We can't see what was left regardless of its size.  :-)

Dr. Focus