Re: [OM] Photographic Freedom

Subject: Re: [OM] Photographic Freedom
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 10:53:13 +1100
It's the Common Law principle of 'public gaze'.
There'll be a lot of 'weasel' justifications but this is a thin end of the
wedge situation.
5(p) is ridiculously vague.
If it is enacted, various forms of passive resistance are possible. I'd
recommend  -

- a mail-in campaign. Send Boris a million written applications for permission.
- quiet defiance - get a lot of photographers to go there on a weekend and
photograph each other constantly, in breach of regulation. Perhaps they could
float a few pool toys in the fountains too, as that seems to be expressly
forbidden.

Keep it funny and you don't anger anyone.
Ridicule is the best weapon.
There is an photographer's organisation dedicated to resisting the ridiculous
overapplication of anti-terrorism laws in the UK.
They should be right up this one with a spanner.

Andrew Fildes (occasional activist)
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx