Re: [OM] OM-5D for me

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D for me
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 13:39:57 -0600
> It's addictive.  I have a few minutes to spare before heading off to discuss
> our community wind turbine plans . . .

Wind Turbines - Good.
In Town - Bad.

They make noise. The newest ones are now a lot quieter--especially the
slow moving ones. But under full load, the generators hum pretty good.
If your community is near a busy multilane highway, the constant drone
of traffic will pretty much mask whatever the turbine is producing.

Here in Iowa, we've been growing turbines like corn. Amazing how
monster tall these things are. We've got probably three different
designs which are predominant here. All are of different size and
height and rotational speed.

But those birds... Took me a few days to work through all the levels.
Nice challenge.

AG