Re: [OM] Site of the last self-propelled Zuikofest--now Zuiko 90

Subject: Re: [OM] Site of the last self-propelled Zuikofest--now Zuiko 90
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 20:27:32 -0800

On 1/25/2012 12:38 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Macro Moose writes:
>
>> I now have that very Micro-Nikkor, but the 50/1.4 I have is newer and I
>> don't have the 50/2, so I am saved the
>> temptation of testing. ;-)
> Nope, I have the Z. 50F2 and you can test away next visit.  It seems to
> have a particulaly nice rendering at non macro distances.

Context, Mike. :-)   I had just been blathering about Nikkors, and the 50/2 to
which I referred here is the Nikkor I had
just talked about.

> MM further writes:
>>> Back on my grumpy 90/2 soapbox. Did they perchance try as close focal
>>> distances?
>>>
> No,  ( but couldn't find the thread with a quick look) and I am sure
> your analysis at higher mags is correct.

Thought not, grumble, rumble, grumble.

> As an aside as long as we are on 90mm macro/close focusing, could not
> resist the CV90/3.5 in OM mount.
> It was available from Sweden LNIB.  Not sure why I "needed" it.

1. Quorum
2. Jazz combo
3. Circus act, high wire?
4. One more for barbershop?

> It is APO and the colors can be "jewel" like especially greens for some
> reason...
> When I gaze  with glowing admiration at the CV90 mounted on the 4T,
> have received a quizzical look from the  CFO.
> It seems to say "perhaps I married a nut case."

There's been no doubt in her mind for many years. :-)

Carol thinks it's kinda cute when you get that look over your gear.

> As they say at the Moose's, at least it's not heroin.

And not just about camera gear. ;-)

Bags Hats Jackets Books Moose