Re: [OM] Sagelight editor

Subject: Re: [OM] Sagelight editor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 15:13:06 -0800
On 1/20/2012 4:12 AM, Brian Swale wrote:
> Moose wrote
>> Brian, I don't know if you are mixing up two different companies and
>> products, but it appears so. ...
> Thanks Moose ... no wonder I found it all a trifle confusing.
> > From looking at the receipt, you are indeed correct.
> Now I wonder if I've wasted my time / money.
>
> I don't need a library done for me; I'm quite happy with whatever system I
> devise for myself.

You may simply ignore the library function. It's there if you want it, but not
required to use the other functions.

> Oh well, since I have paid for Aftershot I might as well download it and use
> it.

Indeed. Bibble was a pretty well respected Raw converter/workflow processor/LR
style editor (Preceding LR, I think.) for
$200, and you have it for $20.

> On my first try of Sagelight with one of the backlit autumn scenes of about 2
> years ago which caused me so much anguish over the lack of ability of
> digital; I did take some ORF images, and on my first inexpert attempt was
> able to effect considerable, welcome, colour recovery - and blow-out
> reduction - in backlit yellow autumn oak leaves, without detriment to the rest
> of the image. Judgement based on a quick look only at this stage.

All of these converters offer some degree of highlight recovery, including
AfterShot. Which will work best for you with
your ORFs, I don't have any way of knowing.

Moose