Re: [OM] Sensor cleaning

Subject: Re: [OM] Sensor cleaning
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 18:08:46 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 1/21/2012 4:49:40 P.M. Central Standard Time,
ken@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

1. Put  camera in sensor cleaning mode. This locks the mirror up and opens
the  shutter.

2. I take a couple inch portion of Swiffer Sweeper "fabric"  and wrap it
around a Q-Tip.

3. Carefully clean the sensor (actually  a cover over the sensor) with it.
If you have decent lighting and a  magnifying glass of some form you can
easily see any dust spots.

4.  Escape sensor cleaning mode, but use the swiffer to clean out the  other
parts of the mirror chamber too. The AF sensors usually can stand  some
housekeeping.

I don't rub with the swiffer for fear of  scratching, but am using it
lightly. Usually just having it come in contact  with the sensor cover is
enough for it to suck the dust right  up.

AG

Thank you.  Guess I should put the e-1 at risk first.  Bill  Barber