[OM] IMG: Last Film Images of 2011

Subject: [OM] IMG: Last Film Images of 2011
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 00:06:35 -0600
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I shot a roll of Kodak 200 color in my Leica IIIf using my new to me Canon
50/1.4 lens, and had it processed to CD at the local Walgreen store today.
This was mainly to see what the lens produced, and, at the same time, check out
the Walgreen processing.  I found that, for posting on-line, the CD resolution
is not too bad.  Here are some examples:

Our local credit union started out 60 years ago at Arnold AF Base, and now has
branches all over the mid-state.  They recently built a new headquarters
building on a half block site that contained a large drainage ditch, carrying
storm drainage from the north end of the airport.  Landscaping is still
underway, but, needless to say, water was a consideration in all of these
efforts.

Street side view:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Credit+Union+Headquarters.jpg.html

Front entrance:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Fountain+and+Reflections.jpg.html

A new Sikorsky S-76 passed through today on a factory delivery flight.  I don't
know the destination, but all of the placards were in Spanish.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Sikorsky+S-76.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Sikorsky+S-76+Details.jpg.html

A week or so ago, I came across a Pitts Special S-2B at the gas pump.  Though
no longer competitive in the "Open" classification, these little aircraft can
be very challenging to master.  They were built especially for aerobatics.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Pitts+Special+S-2B.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Rear+Seat+Instrument+Panel.jpg.html

Last is the observation deck, or front porch, of the new airport terminal
building.  As you will note, the rockers were donated by a local manufacturer
familiar to most of you.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/The+Observation+Deck.jpg.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

By the way, I am impressed with this lens!

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA