Re: [OM] (OM) OT A note for facebook users

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) OT A note for facebook users
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 01:17:33 +1300
Bob W wrote

> Actually, some of the FB stuff I've read by company employees as much as
> says so. Your profile is used to tailor the ads that appear on your page,
> for example. That said, it's currently the place to be in the marketing
> game, and it doesn't cost anything.

One of the benefits of running a monitor of the old (ie, not new wide) format,
is that when using FB, all the advertisements on the Right Hand Side are
actually completely off-screen to the right.  I do not see them unless I alter
the screen resolution or scroll right. I seldom have a need to do that.

It must be a tough life being a FB marketer ... :-)

Brian Swale.