Re: [OM] Minolta MC/MD Adapters

Subject: Re: [OM] Minolta MC/MD Adapters
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 08:33:30 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> You maybe recall that E-300 and E-330 (only those bodies
> AFAIK) require some additional surgery, Chris. I can't say
> I have tried it myself (although I would were the right
> lens to present itself), but
> http://www.rokkorfiles.com/olympus.htm is pretty convincing,
> I hope you agree.

     I've seen their page before.  The prices for their adapters are outrageous
as I can get the exact same thing from Asia for less than $15.  But, seeing
that they are marketing the Minolta MC/MD adapter for use with the E-300 and
E-500 makes me feel confident that it can be done, so I'll get the one from
Roxeen.

> Would the "somewhat unique" MC/MD lens be characterised by
> the letters VFC, by any chance?  If so, I would be most
> pleased to see any results. I missed a pair of them over
> this side of the pond a few months back.

     No, it's a Soligor C/D series lens that does not show up very often.
There is another lens in that series I've been interested in but it never
appears in the M42, OM, Nikon F/AI, or Pentax K mounts.  If the Minolta MC/MD
can be adapted to the E-500 then I won't have to sweat out waiting around for
one to show up.

Chris

Regards,
Chris