Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 48: Bath and London

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Nathan's PAW 48: Bath and London
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2011 13:12:30 -0800
On 12/6/2011 3:39 AM, Bob Whitmire wrote:
> Early Train to London caught my fancy.

Mine as well. It's my pick this week, photographically.

I like the Yak Yeti Yak sign for different reasons. Say it fast, and you have a
reference to the '58 Coasters hit,
Yakety Yak. <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtTC3pGBjs4>
- and thus to American Graffiti. I am fool enough to believe that's
intentional. :-)

> Who was that nice lady in those high-heeled boots? Why was she there so
> early? What was she doing?

Isn't that mysteriousness what makes the image? Find the answers and lose the
magic?

> You needed a better kit, Nathan, and more time.<g>

I'm not sure how much a better kit helps. A little longer lens would allow
losing the OOF near pillar, but I think the
wide sweep of empty station is a part of what makes it work.

Moving left loses the legs. Moving right brings whatever's just barely sticking
our from the pillar behind them into
greater view; probably some uninteresting bloke who would ruin the feeling. In
fact, 'twere mine, that distraction would
disappear. :-)

Moving forward past the pillar might work. But one must work fast, and take
what's there; situations like this can
change so fast.

No Yak, No Yeti, Moose