Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 27/11/2011: Cornwall

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 27/11/2011: Cornwall
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 23:18:42 -0000
Why thank you, sir.

Yes, the Assynt views are murky. But you need to know that the light there
yesterday was challenging. Sun away to the right, wind from behind me, sea
behind me, with mist and low cloud enveloping everything - those images were
in a break when some sunlight illuminated the peaks. I should have perhaps
gone for a graduated mask to bring up the foreground - I was trying to get
the characteristic layered rock strata of Suilven visible.

The last is cropped, to cut out the sun from the top of the frame. And
rendered as B&W because the light was such that it was monochrome anyway.
The strong backlighting helped to pick out the detail in the water, as you
possibly noticed.

Piers