Re: [OM] Cleaning Lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Cleaning Lenses
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2011 17:19:06 -0600
For the seals, tiny strips cut from adhesive-backed black felt will work
well.  I fixed my last SLR this way.

I cleaned up the engraving on a lens this morning using a spray lens cleaner
given me by an optical shop.  Probably not too different from Windex.

The "acid brush" referred to is the stiff-bristle disposable brush used to
apply soldering paste.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA