[OM] Trip fever

Subject: [OM] Trip fever
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 08:32:42 +1100
Anyone noticed the sudden surge in price in old rangefinders, particularly any
mentioned by Cameraquest?
They've become a piece of trendy jewellry. The inevitable response - now that
everybody has a digital, the new fashion statement is to shoot film.
A Canonet QL17 G3 - name your price. Anything in chrome and black with a decent
lens, in fact. Go on, check the BIN prices for them!
Picked up a lovely, mint Petri Racer the other day for very little - working
well, must be one of the few.

Olympus Trip 35's (metal) in good condition are going for decent money.
I'm rebirthing a few with coloured leatherette and accessory kits.
Taught myself to strip and fix them. Clever things.
I'm quite keen to get my hands on things like -
Early Petri Color 35's
Petri Racers, 7s,
Minolta HiMatic 7s
Canon Demi's
Canonets
Late, compact Yashica Electro's.
Trip 35 accessories like 43.5 UV filters, hoods and caps, wrist straps,
manuals. Anything in your junk bin?

Anyone, anyone...?

Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx