Re: [OM] IMG: Thursday Butterfly

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Thursday Butterfly
From: WayneS <olympus@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 19:49:59 -0500
Absolutely, positively, I agree.

Although I have found that most non-photogs would go for the closeup
and isolated subject, as this simplifies the story for the viewer.
But my personal opinion is that the larger view is more complex,
with more layers to feast upon and engage with.

As a photographer, integrating all the elements is more of a challenge.
In the lager shot, the plane of focus slices through the scene, and creates
an interesting dynamic between the chaos of the brush and the serene
butterfly, at home in the midst of it all.

I have always been interested in Jackson Pollick paintings, and how
fractal his paintings are. And how our minds associative tendency
projects onto seeming randomness. In the larger shot, the random
chaos is balanced against the butterfly in an interesting way, creating
more tension. I like that aspect.

WayneS