[OM] IMG: Hail Storm Follow-up

Subject: [OM] IMG: Hail Storm Follow-up
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 12:22:59 -0600
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
We had a vicious hailstorm on October 18 that left quite a bit of damage to
roofs and autos.  It is amazing to see the number of "storm chasers" that have
set up shop in town to take advantage of the repair bonanza.  Even as my
insurance adjuster and I were discussing his official estimate of the damage to
my home, I had to answer the door to turn away a fellow who had seen the chalk
marks on my roof, and was offering to give me a repair estimate.  I will hold
out for a reputable, local contractor, even if it means waiting a while for
repairs, since nothing is leaking, and I have two years to make the repairs.

In addition to the drive-by opportunists, we have fielded phone calls daily
from all sorts of companies and accents, offering to help us with our repairs.

The State Farm adjuster was on-time for our appointment, had official ID, and
was a pleasure to deal with.  With a computer and printer in his truck, he
processed all of the necessary paperwork and left me with an initial check
in-hand.

The roof inspection:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Roof+Inspection.jpg.html

Marking the hail damage: