[OM] (OT) WordPress Photo Themes

Subject: [OM] (OT) WordPress Photo Themes
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 14:22:57 -0400
Okay, so I've fired up WordPress on a Top Secret new site. The goal is to
generate a new website with maximum search optimization, and a lot of
flexibility, that is, I want the home page of the new site to be a blog, with
galleries and other static pages integrated into the mix.

I've been looking at photo themes for WP until I'm nearly blind. So far I
haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. In fact, I'm not sure I can find
exactly what I'm looking for. I'd settle for close. Photocrati is close, but
there's a few things I don't like. It has its own shopping cart, but it's
separate from the regular galleries, so I'd have to duplicate efforts. Other
themes have shopping capabilities through something called fotomoto (?), but
the blogs are particularly robust, in that they do such things as permit only
one photo per post, or restrict photos to certain dimensions, etc.

Surely some folks on this list have already covered this ground, and may be
aware of some themes that I've missed. I know there's also the option of hiring
someone to write a theme that fits my specifications exactly, but for the
moment I'd rather not shell out that kind of cash.

Anyway, any advice or thoughts appreciated.

--Bob
www.(topsecret).com