Re: [OM] Sayonara Kikukawa-san

Subject: Re: [OM] Sayonara Kikukawa-san
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 10:23:58 +0100
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_%28Japanese_honorific%29#San

By the way, the last paragraph of the linked explanation offers the
following: "Online, Japanese gamers often append a numeral 3 to another
player's name to denote san (e.g. Taro3 conveys Taro-san), since the number
three, written 三 (さん, san) in Japanese, is pronounced "san"." Which
reminds me of a neat piece of numerological branding. As I understand it,
"san" is three, "ni" is two, and "go" is five.  Guess which automotive
manufacturer has the phone number [+81-4] 5-523-5523?

Wishing you hadn't asked, John?

Piers