Re: [OM] Work for nothing ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Work for nothing ?
From: "deebel" <deebel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 21:00:01 +0100
Per Fowlers Modern English Usage 2nd Edn.

....it may safely be said

1. that many people ignore the existence of wroth and treat wrath as both
noun and adjective

2. that the useful arrangement would be for wrath to be noun only
(anger)"He experienced the wrath of God" and for wroth to be the adjective
(angry) "He was wroth" whereas wrathful is an attributive adjective "A
wrathful God" ...............

Dave

Where the Hokey Pokey is the Hokey Cokey and an ice cream is a Pokey Hat