Re: [OM] Work for nothing ?

Subject: Re: [OM] Work for nothing ?
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 16:23:07 +0100
My use of the word "cross" was intended to be understatement, Moose :-)

I agree with you entirely about the threat to old words.  But we are losing
words today through misuse.  Witness the (metaphorical) destruction of
"literally", used now as a form of emphasis.  But without that meaning we have
no other word to replace it.

"Wroth" looks rather like "wrath", including the pronunciation.  Is it the same
word spelled differently?

Chris