Re: [OM] OT: eBay Display Format

Subject: Re: [OM] OT: eBay Display Format
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 07:58:51 -0700

> > >       This morning I went to look at an item on eBay and to my
> > > surprise and horror the display format is changed.  Pictures, text,
etc.
> > > are no longer in orderly columns, pictures have blue borders, there's
no
> > > line separating the items, etc.  Did eBay change their display format
> > > overnight or did I somehow change a setting without knowing it?
> >

> > My display has remained the same. Must be something on your end.
> >

> Ebay does change its layout from time to time. Sometimes, these changes
> disappear shortly afterwards (reverting to previous format). I've also
> noticed that when I log on, the formatting may change. In other words,
> Ebay apperars to be using the layout preferences in my profile. Does
> your layout change when you logged in?

    My office machine has Win98SE, and nothing has changed.  The laptop is
WinXP, and that's where the problem is.  I did a little poking around and
found that what has happened is that the column delimination is gone.
Everything is displayed with no column formatting whatsoever.  I'll have to
do a virus/spyware scan to see if something sinister is involved here.

Chris