[OM] GPS tagging

Subject: [OM] GPS tagging
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 22:17:05 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Tim,

You clearly have a good handle on things.  One thing I forgot to
mention that is useful with the
IGotU 120 is that the software gives approximate battery life with
various acquisition rates.
I have used it for a couple days--turning it  off when stationary for
extended periods and no images (e.g. nap?)
w/o recharging.  The little cable thingie for USB charging is quite
small and I have a $7.00 USB 120/240 V charger
that gets used --just recharge the digicam batteries and the GPS at
night if needed--assuming I don't lug a laptop.
I am betting by the time the internal battery doesn't hold a charge
well (?5years)  they'll be a GPS
chip in some other bit of gear.  I see the new Canyon S100 has internal
geotag now for example.

I hope you get time to work on the auto-aperture mechanism.  I'd be
first in line to sign up
for one.

Mike

TH writes:
Hi Mike,
              the Canon auto-aperture mechanism is on hold as I have
been
busy.

The reviews on the Igotu 120 seem to have similar comments to your and
Moose's: