Re: [OM] [OT] Interesting new Nikon p&s

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Interesting new Nikon p&s
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 06:40:46 -0400
Perhaps I've been looking at these things all wrong.  Maybe I'm supposed
to be viewing these things as a replacement for the G12 that I don't own
or even for the Samsung WB650 that I do own.  I'll have to go back and
pay more attention to size and weight and not just sensor size.

Chuck Norcutt

On 9/22/2011 2:34 AM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> Like mFT for instance? It's necessary for really compact bodies and
> small lenses I think. I have the Ricoh GXR to hand with the new Leica
> M mount. It's APS-C but bigger than the new Nikon or any compact -
> think G12 with a lens stuck on the front. Sony's NEX has an APS-C
> sensor in a very flay body but the lenses are huge in comparison.
> It's possible to have a small lens in front of full frame - think
> Minox 35's (17mm flange to film distance when erected) but there will
> be vignetting in the corners, perhaps more than a didge can
> tolerate. Andrew Fildes afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>

> On 22/09/2011, at 9:29 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
>
>> I really don't understand.  What's with the small sensors?  (I mean
>> sub APS-C).
>>
>> Chuck Norcutt
>>

>> On 9/21/2011 7:25 PM, Andrew Fildes wrote:
>>> So that's what they've been up to. That should kill off the
>>> Pentax thingy. 2.7x crop factor - interesting (15x8mm sensor). I
>>> like the OUBIO style adaptor for F mount lenses - watch the value
>>> of old Nikkors accelerate! And the 10mm prime isn't available in
>>> pink. Andrew Fildes afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ho, hum.