Re: [OM] [OT] Interesting new Nikon p&s

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] Interesting new Nikon p&s
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 16:34:39 +1000
Like mFT for instance?
It's necessary for really compact bodies and small lenses I think.
I have the Ricoh GXR to hand with the new Leica M mount. It's APS-C but bigger
than the new Nikon or any compact - think G12 with a lens stuck on the front.
Sony's NEX has an APS-C sensor in a very flay body but the lenses are huge in
comparison.
It's possible to have a small lens in front of full frame - think Minox 35's
(17mm flange to film distance when erected) but there will be vignetting in the
corners, perhaps more than a didge can tolerate.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx