[OM] Digital and the 100/2 - Lenses, not Lipitor

Subject: [OM] Digital and the 100/2 - Lenses, not Lipitor
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 17:45:42 -0500
So, I take those sunset pictures the other night with the E-1. I showed the
results of an HDR shot on Zone-10 and mentioned it here.

What I didn't mention was that this third attempt at getting the shot
without getting a dreaded hotspot in the middle portion of the picture. This
is something we've seen a small handful of lenses do with digital sensors,
but I'm not recalling off the top of my head whether or no the 100/2 was
also susceptable to this.

The film version of the shots were no problem--only the digital.

I haven't seen this with other shots, but when shooting into the bright
sunset it showed up when the aperture was closed down quite a bit. Opening
it up made the hotspot disappear.

AG