Re: [OM] IMG: Formal Portrait

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Formal Portrait
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2011 10:20:54 -0700
Cc: "Olympus Camera Discussion" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Checked on Boo, the neighbors' cat, this morning, and found that
something,
> possibly a family of raccoons, had consumed all of his food supply.  He
> seemed unperturbed, and even agreed to a formal portrait.  I replenished
> his rations to hold him until his family returns today.

    Racoons can be more than just intrusive and obnoxious.  Many years ago
USFS issued a warning to campers and hikers telling them to check their
brakes before leaving the trailhead parking lots.  Racoons were chewing
through the flexible rubber brake lines going to the calipers.  Seems the
smell of the hydraulic fluid attracted them.  You could drive away and
suddenly find yourself as a lead sled, hoping that your transmission and
parking brake would bring you to a safe stop.  Pretty tricky if you're
leaving the Mt. Whitney trailhead near Lone Pine.

Chris