[OM] OT - drag me, kicking and screaming into this modern world

Subject: [OM] OT - drag me, kicking and screaming into this modern world
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 14:40:19 -0400 (EDT)
I just discovered something that many on this list probably already know,
however I figured I'd share it just in case.

First to put it in context . . .

Yes, I remember when

cars weren't air conditioned

and neither were homes

you could go to the movies on Saturday morning for 7 cents

dimes, quarters, halves, dollars and some war-time nickels were made from
silver

oh, and pennies were made from copper

most of the folks I knew had a backyard garden

A cold bottle of coke from a machine cooled by crushed ice was 5  cents

gasoline could be had for less than 20 cents a gallon

a nickel candy bar cost just that . . . 5 cents

slide rules were hi-tech

radios had tubes rather than transistors

Polaroid was the newest thing on the scene rather than the latest thing to
leave the scene

new cars cost a lot less than $2000  (wish I had bought that used 49  Buick
convertible for $75)

Converse high top Allstars were what you played basketball in and they only
 came in two colors. Black or white.

if you were having chicken at home, that meant it was being fried by your
mother or grand mother.

not having a television

sitting around the radio with my family listening to radio serials

service stations were just that, where you got service while someone pumped
 the gas for you

I could go on and won't.

So, here is what I discovered and what has me listening to BB King as I
type this.  Hmm, guess I'm word processing this rather than typing  it.
Anyway, pandora.com lets you set up your own radio stations playing  the kind
of
music you want to hear and listen to it for free over the  computer.  Always
wondered what those external speakers were for that I got  with the
computer.

One request.  If I'm the last person in the cosmic Universe to find  out
about pandora.com, please don't tell me.

Way to BB

<{B^)  Bill Barber