Re: [OM] Flower and Bokeh, was The Top

Subject: Re: [OM] Flower and Bokeh, was The Top
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 16:19:38 -0700

> Or you can join the rest of us in using the documented and generally
> accepted meaning of bokeh.

    I'm good.

> Or just ignore the whole thing and get on with enjoying making and
> viewing images - but - that's crazy talk!

    The bantering about software I can ignore easily.  Too many engineers I
knew couldn't even solder two wires together without modeling it beforehand.
I learned to design just as vacuum tubes were dying out and there were no
computers.  Learned the basics of photography back then as well, and I'm
simply building on what I learned back then and enjoying it more.

    I have to admit that I like the art of designing and photography both,
and the more I can do without the computer the better, so I tend to put much
more emphasis on photographing technique in the field.  I think of the
computer as either an annoying assistant or an occasional essential tool.
Mine is old, large, white, and appropriately named "Moby Disk".

Chris