Re: [OM] Flower and Bokeh, was The Top

Subject: Re: [OM] Flower and Bokeh, was The Top
From: Chris Trask <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 08:04:54 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

> Here you are, Chuck, if you have time and inclination to examine:
>
> <http://images.threeshoes.biz/Flowers/Flowers/i-P4Vgfwz/0/M/D2011IMG1446-Cosmo-M.jpg>
>
> Taken with a 35/2.8 macro on my K-5.  There might be some subject
> movement, but we have the closing stages of Hurricane Katya
> coasting up the British Isles, I gather.
>
> The bokeh is pretty smooth, and less distracting I grant you.  The
> camera and lens combination are a pleasure to use, even though
> it's a bit long for a standard lens, it makes a well balanced
> piece of kit, both optically and physically.

     Yes, you can just barely discern the hexagonal shapes.

     In the earlier photo by Moose:

http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_Summer_2011&image=_MG_1852cria60.jpg

you don't see any bokeh items as the background has been sufficiently darkened.
 This photo of his is actually a nicely composed artsy photo of bee, flower,
and flower buds without background distractions.

Chris