Re: [OM] IMG: More Experiments with ETTR

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Experiments with ETTR
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 15:21:53 -0500
> Take this shot in overcast light, and it's just nothing.
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_Summer_2011&image=_MG_1851ia80.jpg>
>
> Would even the bee make this one interesting in the shade?
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_Summer_2011&image=_MG_1852cria60.jpg>
>
> I could go on, but here's just one more example of luscious tones, shadows
> and shades that wouldn't be there without the
> direct light.
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_Summer_2011&image=_MG_2656cr.jpg>
>
> More in this gallery.
> <http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Home/Garden_Summer_2011>

Moose, I don't mean to be nitpicky on your photos, but these seem to
have the midtones a little too supressed. Even though you protected
(mostly) the highlights and kept the high values intact, the midtones
are too low. The flowers are just too heavy and not lyrical enough.
Raising the mids a 1/2 stop would really wake these up.

AG