Re: [OM] (OM) Rose of Sharon

Subject: Re: [OM] (OM) Rose of Sharon
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 16:25:03 -0500
Joel wrote:
> I prefer your original. Flowers under those light conditions look more
> natural to my eyes a little bit gone.  I don't get the same feeling for
> the light in Moose's rendition, though I can see why people might
> appreciate it in some respects.

Some of these flowers have a waxy surface. As such they really are a
bit brighter and tend to wah out because they are reflecting mroe
light. Also, if you consider the UV/IR portion of the spectrum,
flowers like the RoS are like a flashing airport beacon to the bugs
that pollinate. them. Some cameras are so blind to UV/IR that it's not
much a problem, but the E-1 is definitely more affected than the
average digital bear. This will increase exposure in some light by as
much as a full stop. I've definitely seen this when using flash, which
has quite the extended spectrum as compared to shaded or overcast
light.

AG