Re: [OM] Paph Orchid Series Continues

Subject: Re: [OM] Paph Orchid Series Continues
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 21:59:34 -0700
On 9/2/2011 3:29 PM, usher99@xxxxxxx wrote:
> I hope Chuck is correct. My wife's identical twin was smitten by a
> couple of the orchid shots and want them for her office.

Here's what I am talking about.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/MikeG/Flowers_and_Butterflies&image=Orchid-stackcombined8-14_FP.jpg>
And
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Others/MikeG/Flowers_and_Butterflies&image=Paphgreenstackfinal_FP.jpg>

I think  the focus banding is fairly easy to see, both in the body and in the
hairs on the edge of the green Paph.

> I'll have to contact THE MAN for  prints 'round here, i.e Bob, if he
> thinks they will print OK. I can restack with the sharpening turned all
> the way off.

Sharpening does tend to only effect areas already somewhat sharp. So restacking
without sharpening might well even it
up. As to whether anyone but the ol' eagle eye* would notice in a print depends
on how big a print. Unfortunately, I
don't know. Maybe Bob will be able to guide you.

> The stacked images can take on an analytical feel, but I hoped the nice
> backgrounds softened that. It is just one technique to use on occasion.
> The nice detail in the orchids just seemed to tell me to try this
> approach.
>
> Hey,  the Moose and Carol Ann will be in the area??

Goin' East Moose

* Sheesh, what a troublemaker.