Re: [OM] IMG: More Insects, New Approach

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More Insects, New Approach
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2011 17:50:23 -0700

> > ... If you add a +1 closeup lens your maximum FL will be around 1m. Too
> > bad they don't make +0.5 closeups any more as they would be even more
> > convenient for photos such as this as you would have more flexibility.
> >
> > Chris
>
> Forgot to mention, extension tubes are also an option. Probably better
> than C-U lenses, but I have no idea what combination of tube mounts
> and adapters Jim might have or need.

    They could be, but the cost of extension tubes and teleconverters for
the digital lenses is what motivated me to return to film lenses.  Just a 2X
teleconverter (Olympus) was going to set me back almost $500, and I already
owned a decent 7-element one plus extension tubes.  About that time I came
across a Tokina 80-200mm RMC lens in a thrift store.  Bought an adapter
ring, tried it out, and retired the digial lenses.  The rest is history.

    "As God is my witness, I'll never go digital again!"

Chris