Re: [OM] Paph Orchid Series Continues

Subject: Re: [OM] Paph Orchid Series Continues
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 20:11:01 -0700
On 8/30/2011 7:55 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> ...  I had forgotten that maintaining the same image size
> means that the DOF will be identical in both shots since the 300mm shot
> needs to be taken from 6 times the distance.

Whew, I'm glad you caught that. I didn't want to be the one who corrected D.
Doff.

Besides, I'd have had to check to see if my immediate sense was correct. Way
too much work. :-)

Based on CH's samples, I'd go the long FL route. There's nothing in the in
between distance area to show what would
happen there, so I don't know about that. The true DOF of the background
(whatever that is), if the subject size were
the same, may be the same, but larger and apparently softer is more attractive
to me.

Moose