[OM] (OM) Competition

Subject: [OM] (OM) Competition
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 20:04:33 -0400 (EDT)
Tim Grey's newsletter (y'are all subscribed aren't you?) addressed
Brightness vs Exposure recently, thus:

I subscribe to this list and for no extra charge get PS pointers from
PS Moose. :-)

Appreciate the discussion and the link  as it  clarifies  the issues.
I did a forensics on the impression I had from some saved links I had
files  and it actually  did refer to LR brightness.
It was transferred in my long term portable  storage to apply to PS
which may or may not be correct. Gotta watch that.
I suppose that if one crunches up the highlight area w/o moving the
white point though not actually clipping to pure white, so much info is
lost as to render
the non-clipping a matter of semantics.  At least it sheds some light
as to how the controls work and the discussion was interesting.
Thanks.

Mike