Re: [OM] IMG: Insects on Flowers

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Insects on Flowers
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2011 17:49:53 -0500
This may be a case where we ended up clipping a little bit. When
dealing with overly saturated colors (especially in the
reds/yellow/oranges), you REALLY have to protect the highlights in the
Olympus cameras. Invariably, with the E-1, my best exposures are when
i expose for the mid-tones. With high saturated bright colors, I'll
even let it go under a bit and then pull everything up in post.

Olympus (Kodak sensors speifically) cameras don't handle over-exposure
and it's a really good idea to avoid ETTR unless the scene is pretty
bleak.

AG