Re: [OM] An Interesting Lens

Subject: Re: [OM] An Interesting Lens
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 20:08:33 -0700

On 8/27/2011 6:05 AM, Chris Trask wrote:
> On 8/26/2011 9:20 PM, Wayne Harridge wrote:
>> Ok, does look quite different to the Canon FD lens.
>>
>> Seems like a number of camera manufacturers (Olympus, Nikon,...)
>> had 35-105mm f3.5-4.5 lenses which all look and operate much the
>> same.  I'm thinking they may have been sourced from the same
>> manufacturer.
>>
>       Earlier I was using a Tokina 35-105mm f/3.5-4.3 RMC, which is a
> one-touch with separate macro adjustment.  Very nice lens, and I used it for
> field work until the Tokina 28-70mm came along.

I've previously posted about my comparison of a Zuiko 35-105/3.5-4.5 and the
Tokina 35-105/3.5-4.3. As I had both at the
time, I was able to make a close comparison, including opening up the back and
comparing aperture activation mechanisms.
My conclusion was that they we re almost certainly not made by the same
manufacturer. Too many big mechanical
design/engineering differences to make any sense in a maker of the same basic
lens under various brands.

Moose