Re: [OM] IMG: More from the Airport

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: More from the Airport
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 21:59:30 +0100
Martin

About 40 years ago my father had a little dream: there was a Mosquito going for
£3k and he wondered if he might buy it.  I found the advert for it after he
died, around 10 years later.

$2k for a flight?  I didn't think a Spitfire would cost that much for a
back-seat trip over here.  I'll see if I can ask one of the P-51 owners on
Sunday for a notional cost.

I see that Stallion 51 will be at MacDill in November.  That brings back
memories of a more modern single-seater flying from their in the late 80s;
halcyon days . . .

Chris