Re: [OM] Was: mount mod; Now M42-to-4/3 Adapter Thickness

Subject: Re: [OM] Was: mount mod; Now M42-to-4/3 Adapter Thickness
From: "Chris Trask" <christrask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 17:48:46 -0700

> I started with a sheet of 80 grit laid flat on the top of my table saw,
then
> finished up with 400 grit.  The result is an adapter that is approximately
> 6.9mm in thickness.  The only down side is that the lens screwed into the
> adapter approximately 45deg further than before, so the lens index,
formerly
> at the top, is now down on the left side.  No big deal.
>
> Here are some representative photos, with f stops.  Just as a reminder,
you
> can't use exact f stops in a title.  I had to use dashes instead of
periods.

> Although I shot at all marked stops, from 1.8 to 22, I only posted four
> images as examples.  The sun was getting lower as the f stops got higher,
so
> the light does change somewhat.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Takumar+55+at+f1-8.jpg.html

    In this photo the centre of your field of focus appears to be right at
the intersection, and I'm going to hazard a guess that it's around 12m
distance.  Looking at the near and far fuzzies the total depth is about
3-4m.  Going to my depth of focus charts that appears to be just about right
for f/1.8 at 12-13m distance.

Chris