Re: [OM] Was: mount mod; Now M42-to-4/3 Adapter Thickness

Subject: Re: [OM] Was: mount mod; Now M42-to-4/3 Adapter Thickness
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:12:55 -0500
Chuck,

I started with a sheet of 80 grit laid flat on the top of my table saw, then
finished up with 400 grit.  The result is an adapter that is approximately
6.9mm in thickness.  The only down side is that the lens screwed into the
adapter approximately 45deg further than before, so the lens index, formerly
at the top, is now down on the left side.  No big deal.

Here are some representative photos, with f stops.  Just as a reminder, you
can't use exact f stops in a title.  I had to use dashes instead of periods.

Although I shot at all marked stops, from 1.8 to 22, I only posted four
images as examples.  The sun was getting lower as the f stops got higher, so
the light does change somewhat.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Takumar+55+at+f1-8.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Takumar+55+at+f2-8.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Takumar+55+at+f5-6.jpg.html

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Takumar+55+at+f11.jpg.html

Except for the softness of the lens at f/1.8, I think all of the images are
acceptable.  f/5.6 appears to be the best.

Comments welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA