Re: [OM] mount mod: nikon/canon to OM

Subject: Re: [OM] mount mod: nikon/canon to OM
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 08:35:06 -0400
Probably not.  I doubt that I could find the original film in anything
like a reasonable time.  I had to do a lot of searching on the hard
drive to find the original scans since they don't conform to the naming
conventions I've used for many years.  Once I found them I remembered
(from some of the folder names) that I did have photo processing
software at the time.  The images had been cleaned up (from horrible
scratches on the film from local drug store processing) using JASC Paint
Shop Pro.  The images appear to date from 2004 and were likely processed
with Paint Shop Pro 9 which is the first release after PSP was bought
from JASC by Corel.

It appears that by 2004 I knew how to scan images using my Acer Scanwit
2720s SCSI scanner.  It appears that I also knew how to skew the
histogram to the right.  I obviously also knew how to remove scratches
and spots.  I could probably do it much faster now and also produce much
better final images.  But I already have thousands of more current
images to work on that I never seem to get to.  :-)

Chuck Norcutt