Re: [OM] Modern Family Travel

Subject: Re: [OM] Modern Family Travel
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 10:32:31 -0500
Ah, but nearly off those are "sunk costs" which occur whether the airplane
ever leaves the ground. Flying the family and dogs to the house in the hills
is an expense related to the consumables. On a much smaller scale, but no
less relevant, my father co-owned two airplanes. Everything you listed,
except for the pilots, pretty much still applied.

The airplane, in this case, doesn't exist for the family, but was a side
benefit as in most cases the plane is available for personal transportation
when it isn't already in use for corporate travel.

Fat cats riding in the private jets? Rarely so. Any large corporation with
multiple locations requires efficient travel. 10 years ago, the standard
equation was around $200,000 per month in airline costs was equivelant to a
100% ownership in a private jet.

I know that our jets are in the air constantly and every seat is full. When
a top exec has to do a special trip someplace a whole lot of people are
flying coach as a result. That's pretty frowned upon around here. But there
are times when a plane has a ferry trip which could possible be altered for
other purposes.

AG

--
Ken Norton