Re: [OM] Modern Family Travel

Subject: Re: [OM] Modern Family Travel
From: George Shihanian <Classicvw@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:52:53 -0400
I disagree on the math. It's not like you can walk off the street and hire the
aircraft like a taxi for one time.
The smallest percentage of an aircraft you can buy is 1/16th.
Cost of a Citation V ... $22 MILLION
1/16 cost........      $1,375,000
This gets you 50 hours a year usage
BUT-
Add one-time acquisition cost
Add hourly occupied cost
Add Monthly management fee (pilots salaries,etc. )
Add fuel surcharge cost
Add taxes
Add insurance
Five year commitment required.

So, that family's trip did not cost only a small amount over coach. It more
likely cost them $25,000+ each hour of flying. And they not only get to avoid
airline security, they get to avoid contact with the unwashed masses- us.
And congress is debating the size of their next tax break.
Give me a break!

George S.

Sent from my iPhone