Re: [OM] Fiber Optic Service Experience

Subject: Re: [OM] Fiber Optic Service Experience
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:56:37 -0500
The TV signal is great, except that, brief power interruptions cause the
set-top DVR box to reboot, which causes the box to lose its TV Guide
listings, so I can't change a DVR programming setup until it all downloads
again.  I have the box that my wife uses connected to a small UPS, so her
stuff is pretty safe.

The main box, and telephone system, have a time-limited battery backup, so
the phone is usually ok.

The speed of the internet connection makes the little things easy to
forgive.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA