[OM] Fiber Optic Service Experience

Subject: [OM] Fiber Optic Service Experience
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 17:56:38 -0500
I'm hoping to get Ken's comments on this.

I've been using fiber to the premises for telephone, TV, and Internet services
for more than 2 1/2 years, and just suffered my first serious breakdown.  I had
noticed, during the last several weeks, that my email software was not getting
a reliable connection to the server on several occasions.  Usually, a reboot
would result in a connection.  Two weeks ago, and again yesterday, I had to
call the ISP and get a reboot of the box on the outside of the house.  Then,
after multiple symptoms during the day, I lost both email and web connections
about 1900 hours.  Fortunately, the lady "tech" that I had talked with after
business hours was able and willing to schedule a box replacement this
afternoon.

With a new, upgraded, box, all is well with the world.  I had only 80 emails to
sort out.  Fortunately, I was able to watch Wall Street's rally today on a
large screen TV, but found it less appealing than my usual 10-day online chart.

Now, I can get back to taking pictures..................

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA