Re: [OM] E-P3 anyone?

Subject: Re: [OM] E-P3 anyone?
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 18:49:01 +0200
Yup, the E-Px cameras (1,2 and 3) are entirely, 100% plastic internal
construction (there is not even a metal chassis underneath). The thing
front metal covering is cosmetic only. Of course, I am not necessarily
against plastic - it's a wonderful material, and various types of
engineering plastic are superior to metal in some ways.

I guess I have more of an emotional attachment to older, metal
cameras. In this frame of reference, a plastic camera (with a
terrible, terrible viewfinder compared to an OM optical, and a kit
lens that is of such flimsy plastic construction, it actually wobbles
at full extension) just doesn't feel "right" to me.

As I said, I am a big fan of the M4/3 concept, and eagerly await a
more solid, professional camera befitting the 12mm f/2 lens, etc. My
criticism is thus not metaphorical, I have played with, and tried to
like, both an E-P2 and an E-P3, and I simply cannot - they pale in
comparison to the OM's as purpose-designed tools in every possible way
(except if you like to shoot video, of course)...

Dawid