Re: [OM] OT Happy Apple

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Happy Apple
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 08:54:56 +1000
The iPad is a good web browsing device, yes, but you want students to be able
to type essays and do Powerpoint presentations and... I'd hate to use one for
that. The Kindle 3G I know less about but it'll be limited, I suspect.
Certainly logging on to the educational SoftWeb here might be tricky.
Remember also that the school wants to control both student and teacher access
rigidly and so insists that they connect through the school's wifi portal -
which will be slow, choked or just down at any given time. Much easier with a
lappie.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx