Re: [OM] OT Happy Apple

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Happy Apple
From: "Wiliam Wagenaar" <wiliam@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:53:37 +0200
Andrew Fildes wrote:
-----
<Snip>
In tablets, I can see them buying up shiploads of cheaper Android devices
instead. Does Acer make one? They won't be agnostic - they'll use the lowest
cost unit available, even if it's crap and doesn't work properly.
<Snip>
-----

Yes sir,

Acer makes tables. 1 at least and in 4 tastes. It's called the Iconia Tab
500A Android Wifi
501A Android Wifi and 3G
500W Windows Wifi
501W Windows Wifi and 3G

My son has the 500A and is very fond of it, but just like the iPad It's more
about accessing information than making your own, which is the reason My
next buy will most likely be a laptop again, because I also create documents
and work with Photoshop and other productivity/creating/altering tools.

On the sideline
My wife just bought an Android phone (Samsung Galaxy S II) and I must say
that it is a nice tool for getting information of the web and GPS and games
and, and, and. She downloaded only free apps so far, but I must say that I
am quite impressed by many things she can do with that little thing.

Wiliam