Re: [OM] was om 50/3.5 -> tessar -> now RZ 140mm

Subject: Re: [OM] was om 50/3.5 -> tessar -> now RZ 140mm
From: Dawid Loubser <dawid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2011 16:54:29 +0200
Hi Ed,

Just an off-topic FYI, all the Mamiya 140mm Macro lenses have always
had a floating element. The RB C-series Macro has a slightly different
optical construction, but it is for sure nicer-built, smaller, and
prettier than the RB K/L-A or RZ M/L-A version. The L-A version for
the RB and RZ series are absolutely identical (look identical too),
with the only difference being mechanical / electronic control.

The K-L version is nice indeed (no doubt!) and optically better, but
it has bits of plastic, and is just not as stylish as the smaller,
chrome-nosed C-series one. Ken Norton would be proud - like he is with
OM lenses, I am a silver-nosed snob with the Mamiya lenses :-)

Dawid