Re: [OM] Lens Repair by a different method

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Repair by a different method
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 06:20:15 +0100
It's time to rejoice, Ken: both for your lens and for Andrew who agreed ;-)

Chris

On Monday, 4 July 2011, Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
&gt; Content warning: The following may contain religious reference which
&gt; may cause severe stomach cramps among athiests. Read on at your own
&gt; risk.
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; So, here's the deal. A couple months ago, my Leica 14-50 lens
&gt; developed the dreaded &quot;zoom lock&quot; problem.
Unfortunately, before I got
&gt; a chance to open it up and tighten the screws, it got stuck in the
&gt; wide position.
&gt;
&gt; I Couldn't fix it and it went into backup status. Yesterday, at
&gt; Creston, I was taking mug shots of the people when I noticed that the
&gt; lens was in the telephoto position.
&gt;
&gt; Being careful not to go back into the wide position, I shot the
&gt; pictures and secured it back in the bag in a way that the lens
&gt; wouldn't go back to wide-angle. Last night I took it apart and was
&gt; able to tighten not one, but two screws that worked themselves loose.
&gt;
&gt; This is just one of a number of neat examples of how God is working in
&gt; our lives. This lens was broken and according to my research, beyond
&gt; economical repair. No way was it fixable by humans beause it was stuck
&gt; in a position which prevented any further dismantling.
&gt;
&gt; Who would have guessed that God is into camera repair?
&gt;
&gt; (to those who are aware of our situation, yes, my wife is pastoring
&gt; again and yes, we will be moving).
&gt;
&gt; AG
&gt; --