Re: [OM] Lens Repair by a different method

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens Repair by a different method
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2011 18:39:25 -0500
> So much for Leica quality.
> Anyone experienced any problems with the DZ 14-54mm ?

Well, it's a hybrid Leica. Also known as a PanaLeica. It's got the
fine optics that you'd expect from something branded "Leica", but
lacks any real long-term build-quality. Having been inside this lens
three times now, I'd say that the world of plastic has gone places
that no plastic should have gone.

The DZ 14-54 is a brick in comparison. I never had a bit of trouble
with it, but the image quality, as excellent as it is, was in no way
in the same league as the 14-50.

AG